How do I delete photos

Hetti 12:47 14 Feb 06

I have some photos saved in "my documents" when I try to delete them my PC starts to make copys, so I now have 4 sets of the photos, how can I get rid of them once and for all.

Thanks

stalion 12:49 14 Feb 06

right click on the photo move your mouse to delete

Hetti 13:02 14 Feb 06

stalion
Thanks, but that is how I have been trying to delete them, but my PC starts making copys without any prompting from me.

Mikè 13:04 14 Feb 06

Try dragging them to the recycle bin.

stalion 13:04 14 Feb 06

do you have a full xp cd?

stalion 13:18 14 Feb 06

also try selecting the photo and press del on your keyboard

rawprawn 13:36 14 Feb 06

Open the file with the photos, go to Edit/Select all/ Hold the ctrl down and click on any you want to deselect if there are any, so that all the photos you want to delete are highlighted. Go back to Edit and click Delete

Hetti 13:53 14 Feb 06

rawrawn

That worked thanks

stalion
I don't understand what that mean's ...sorry the prob is fixed, but do i need to know about XP CD?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question all.

Mytob 15:05 14 Feb 06

try summin like eraser. it deletes stuff as the name suggests but does not send them to recycle bin but overites the data there and then with secure deletion methods such at gutman. i use it to delet all my personal and sensitive data and have to admit it does a good job. it is also open source and is such free to use.

rawprawn 16:54 14 Feb 06

I think stalion was asking in case there was a system file fault so that he could give advice how to cure it, but if all seems OK now you won't need it. I'm glad you solved your problem.

stalion 18:23 14 Feb 06

yes as rawprawn says if you have a retail version of xp I was going to suggest doing
sfc /scannow to check your windows files.
Trying to delete should not cause your pc to copy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac