How do I delete Google Chrome extensions?

gnarwolf 18:02 06 Feb 14

I have an extension for Chrome I don't want. It's called YuoTubErAdsRemove, and I've tried everything I can think of to remove it. So far, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, uninstalling the extension from the control panel, deleted the folder which contains the extension and going it regedit and deleting any unwanted extensions (although I don't think any of the extension there were the one I want to delete). There's no bin icon next to the extension when I view it on Chrome since it's a "managed" extension, and whenever I go into Chrome's Task Manager and end the process, it's there again when I view the Task Manager a second time. Any help you be massively appreciated.

Woolwell 18:43 06 Feb 14

Where did you get the extension from? Please confirm the name of the extension as I cannot find one called that.

gnarwolf 18:54 06 Feb 14

I'm not sure where I got it from, I assume it's malware. The name of the extension is correct in my first post, it says 2.4 next to it too. The ID is peepcjdmbjcggflhnkcgjjffpifkeipn if that helps at all.

sunnystaines 19:07 06 Feb 14

run free version of superantispyware

Woolwell 19:27 06 Feb 14

Run malwarebytes whilst in safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5