how do i delete a connection

craig41 21:47 29 Dec 08

We have 2 laptops in the household connected wirelesly to a zyxel router.I would like to delete the connections from one of these altogether,( both wirelesly and wired), but i am not sure how to go about it.

ambra4 00:23 30 Dec 08

When you say delete the connection do you mean the “Wireless Profile Connection and the Lan

card connection ?”

In XP – Connect to the wireless network – Right Click on the Task Bar Icon

Open Network Connection – Click Wireless Network Tab – In the “Preferred Network Box”

select the profile that you want to remove and click the remove button

As for the Wired connection - Right click on the task bar icon – Click Status – Click General Tab

Properties – Select Internet Protocol – Properties – and “Select Use the following IP & DNS

Address” system will not connect to the router and Internet until you change back to “Obtain a IP

& DNS Address Automatic”

In Vista not sure if the same would work, as I do not have a Vista machine close by

craig41 10:08 30 Dec 08

Hi and thanks for your response.
Unfortunatly i do not have access to the laptop in question whose wireless connection i wish to delete. I was hoping that I could delete the connection via my laptop, where the files for the router are located.Is this possible?
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…