How do I create a website?

Zippy. 14:32 21 Feb 09

Hi everyone, Please be patient with me! I have absolutely no idea how to create webpage/site, but I'm sure i could work it out with some help. Do i need special software? Do I have to pay to be on Google? Where do i start?. I'm with AOL and I'm running Vista. I will be greatful for any help. Thank Zippy.

Forum Editor 17:02 21 Feb 09

As a complete novice you'll need to do some reading, so you can at least understand the basics of the language we'll use when we're helping you.

I suggest that you spend a little time with this:- click here

and when you feel ready to start, come back to this thread and ask some questions. We'll help as much as we can, but you do need to have at least a grounding in the terminology, and a basic understanding of how it all works. Don't be deterred by what might seem to be a huge learning curve, you can build and publish a very basic site within a short space of time, and then the real work begins.

Dragonfly2 16:56 26 Feb 09

I'm interested in this thread - why doesn't anyone suggest that Zippy look at some of the excellent free websites that can be set up using pre-designed templates? Googlesites are excellent, also Synthasite is easy to use.

Zippy. 17:25 26 Feb 09

Thanks Dragonfly2, I will check those out.

123joey123 14:22 28 Feb 09

Isuggest you buy Serif Web Plus. If you can use a computor you can design a web site with this programme they also have several templates though, I don't think much of them.
With Web Plus it is simple to upload your site.
You will learn and later do some programming yourself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…