?how do i create this symbol

dawnyworld 22:25 22 Apr 04

hi all
?how do i create this symbol its a square or was :)

is the a key combination or do i need some proggy thanks DW

Pesala 22:49 22 Apr 04

White Square 9633 □

Small White Square 9643 ▫

However, what you see on this forum, and in some other places is probably just the default nul character, which is used if a character is not available in a given character set. This forum uses charset=iso-8859-1 click here which lacks characters like curly quotation marks. When people paste messages from Word, they contain curly quotes, which get displayed as white rectangles.

If you want a genuine white rectangle, you should use the Unicode Geometric shapes with a suitable font, like Lucida Sans Unicode. You can insert these in Word from the Insert symbol dialogue, or type the Unicode decimal codepoint on the numeric keypad while holding down Alter: This works in the message box because I am using Opera, but it may not work in Internet Explorer, and the square rectangles which are different sizes may be replaced with nul characters on posting the message. ? ?

So now you know, I bet you wish you never asked.

dawnyworld 16:55 23 Apr 04

yup

but thanks lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…