how do i create a shortcut?

agent 47 20:59 14 Nov 05

can someone please explain how i can copy a shortcut or link?, to display as a link.
well i think thats what its called.
i want to create the thing you click on,on the net! like when you type something in google and it comes up with lots of links and you just click it once and it takes you straight there.
thanks, agent 47!

VoG II 21:02 14 Nov 05

If you want this on your desktop, make the IE window smaller so that you can see a bit of the desktop. Click on the e in the address bar, keep the mouse button pressed and drag onto the desktop.

If you want to do something else, please explain.

Graham ® 21:05 14 Nov 05

Do you mean a hyperlink? Or do you want to add the site to your Favorites to visit later?

woodchip 21:08 14 Nov 05

Do you mean a Click Hear Link? if so click in Address bar to select then right click and copy right click in box choose past. for other shortcuts just right click and drag to where you want it and choose shortcut

agent 47 21:41 14 Nov 05

yes i want to create a "click here link"
so if i find a good website or video clip on the net, i can send the link to my friends via email!
thanks agent 47!
ps what is it actually called?
to save any further confusion?

VoG II 21:47 14 Nov 05

It is called a hyperlink.

All you have to do is highlight the address in the address bar in Internet Explorer and press ALT + C together.

Then compose the mail, when yoy want to insert the linl press CTRL + V.

VoG II 21:52 14 Nov 05

P.S. for a really long address, use click here to shorten it first.

agent 47 22:09 14 Nov 05

thanks!
thats what i needed.
agent 47!

Graham ® 08:37 15 Nov 05

ctrl + c to copy! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…