How do I create secure mailforms?

ligeti 18:52 17 Jun 04

I am a beginer at webdesign and have been asked to make a website with a form. I created and uploaded a test form, basically asking for name email address, comments, service required etc.
But when i click the submit button I get a pop up warning saying; 'this form is being submitted using email, submitting this form will reveal your email...and will send data without encrypting...'
Naturally I want to be able to set this sort of form up securly for my client. I have been trawling through various help files on my host provider, but no joy (or nothing I could understand!) Is there some sort of code I must include in some sort of area on my host's server which will allow me to send form data via email securely? Is it possible for me to achieve this considering i know nothing about cgi etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

zoomer 09:13 18 Jun 04

the data still wont be secure though in this manner, it will be sent either appended to the URL via the GET method or in the HTTP entity body using the POST method.
To be 'secure' will require significantly more resources, https etc

ligeti 11:38 18 Jun 04

Thanks for your response, the host service i am with is 'Ancile Hosting'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…