how do i create a recovery for my system!

science wiz 08:59 24 Jan 08

my system is a Toshiba laptop A205-s4777, Vista Home Premium, Core 2 Duo 1.67, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, CDRW.

when i bought it it had no Recovery CD and I'm told that i need to create one myself.

how do i do that?

when i look in it, i do not see a partition that contains recovery files like it always is in other laptops.

can anyone advice me on how to create a back u of my computer so that i can be able to have a recovery whenever i fall into such a need or in case of any crash or system failure?

/Godbless

lisa02 09:03 24 Jan 08

"when i bought it it had no Recovery CD and I'm told that i need to create one myself.

how do i do that?"

There should be a piece of software on the laptop to allow you to do this. Normally the machine when first turned on will prompt you to do it.

Graham. 09:32 24 Jan 08

Look in All Programs, Accessories, System Tools. There should be an option in there. (or the Vista equivalent).

Kelno 17:40 24 Jan 08

If you want a clone back up of your sys, google 'xxcopy' and try to rig up a batch file along those lines:

@echo off
rem CLONE ENTIRE SYS DISK (C) ONTO CLONE DISK (G)
xxcopy C:\ G:\ /clone /ff /yy /pbh /xrecycler\ /oa:C:\Log\LogBkpSysClone.txt
notepad "C:\Log\LogBkpSysClone.txt"

Use the powerful xxcopy with kid gloves though. In this example it will wipe G clear before cloning C onto it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…