HOW DO I CREATE A DOWNLOAD LINK PLEASE?

rotormota 21:06 14 May 06

Hi,
I have built a screensaver EXE file to go on my website but how do I create a clickable download link for visitors please?

Thanks.
J.

Forum Editor 23:51 14 May 06

is to place the file on the server - preferably in a directory of its own for neatness - and then create a hyperlink to the file on your web page. You could type "Click here to download" then highlight the words "Click here", and create the hyperlink to your file.

Your visitors' browsers will offer them the download dialogue box automatically.

Be aware that many people will be wary of downloading any file with the .exe suffix, especially if it's a screensaver. Screensaver downloads have a bad reputation for containing malware.

splatter 12:56 15 May 06

I imagine that it is already a pretty small file, but you could zip it up to make it even smaller, and include a readme.txt file in the zip file which basically contains author/creator, copyright and a bit saying you won't be held responsible for and damage or loss of data caused by the use of your screensaver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…