How do I create a database and tables using XAMPP?

K*B 20:00 18 Oct 13

Hello Friends, I am learning to use XAMPP installed on Win 8 OS. I am interested in MySQL. I've created a database and 1 table. After entering the table name I clicked GO and the data dictionary came up. I know I have created an empty table but how do I see it and populate it using the INSERT command? Basically I dont know what next to do from the data dictionary page and I want to learn to create a database and tables using XAMPP. Could anyone link me to an XAMPP tutorial document that will walk me through the process step by step? Thanks in advance.

altarvic 07:28 22 Oct 13

XAMPP is just a name, it combines Apache, PHP, MySQL, FileZilla and some other servers.

Run XAMPP Control Panel, then start Apache and MySQL servers. Click Apache Admin button and use phpMyAdmin (the link on the left panel) to work with MySQL databases

K*B 14:57 02 Nov 13

Thanks very much altarvic, sorry for leaving my question so vague. What I wanted to ask was how to work with MySQL databases using phpMyAdmin in XAMPP. I just want to learn to create tables in a MySQL database using XAMPP, fill them with data and retrieve these tables to see what they actually look like, and do some manipulations of the data and tables. Also, suppose I manage to write a script using MySQL how can I run it on the MySQL server in XAMPP? Would you kindly give me the link to some tutorial which can walk me through all of these exercises? Thanks in advance. I look forward to your response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5