How do I create a bootable CD-ROM

Chitterlow 12:45 06 Jul 08

Hi Guys. I want to run a BIOS upgrade on my Medion computer and to do this I need to create a bootable CD-ROM which will give me a "MS-DOS prompt. The application and support CD I got with the computer does not give me this option. Can you tell me how to do this? I have NERO.

Regards Chitterlow

Pamy 12:57 06 Jul 08
  ambra4 13:09 06 Jul 08
  David4637 13:33 06 Jul 08

I hope you know what you are doing, a BIOS upgrade can, if things go wrong, make your PC a pile of c***. David

Pamy 13:54 06 Jul 08

not my problem just answered question

skidzy 14:01 06 Jul 08

First thing you need to ask yourself;

Do i really need this bios update !!
Is there a specific reason for wanting to update the bios ?

If you have a cd/dvd problem,normally a firmware update will suffice.
Or if a cpu upgrade depending on the motherboard may well indeed need a bios update.

Is there a reason for the bios update ?

Bearing in mind this is a Medion,chances are the bios update is not really needed as i doubt you will gain anything from this.

Chitterlow 14:24 06 Jul 08

In addition to the 2 512MB Ram chips, I installed 2 1G modules from Crucial Tech. Although my BIOS reports the full 3Gb installed, when fully booted up Windows "system information only reports 2Gb. Running Crucial's scan shows both new 1Gb modules as 512Mb. Crucial advised me to download a BIOS upgrade from Medion and I have done this but I can't run it because I can't get into the MS-DOS prompt. The supplied "Application and Support" CD does not give me this option. Any ideas?

Chitterlow

skidzy 14:33 06 Jul 08

Can you post the motherboard make and model please.

Does your manual say the motherboard can support over 2GB ?

If the bios can see the 3GB this maybe a windows problem.

Can you confirm your os and sp package.

Batch 14:37 06 Jul 08

First question is , does your PC have a floppy disk drive?

Chitterlow 16:58 06 Jul 08

To all you great guys who are trying to help me.

I think before I try anything drastic I will get back onto Medion tech support and see if they can help. I also am wondering now if there may be a Windows solution, as the BIOS is recognizing all the installed RAM.

Thanks a million for your efforts as usual.

Regards Chitterlow

skidzy 20:04 06 Jul 08

Lets see if it is windows !

Run SIW click here does this see your ram ?

And Belarc click here

Do you have sp2 or sp3 installed ?

If sp1,you may need the update,and i would recommend it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…