How do I copy OE messages to cd?

osofedupwivit 19:05 03 Feb 05

Hello
Am trying to copy all Outlook Express messages onto a cd, can anyone help please? Have done a search in this forum and VOG helped someone, but I think that was for copying to another PC? Have been trying to locate the info myself, but, as usual, I might as well have just asked here first!
O/S Winxp home

Thank you

GroupFC 19:33 03 Feb 05

This is one way I can think of;- create a new folder on your desktop, select all your messages (click the first, hold the shift button and click the last - if you don't want them all hold the ctrl button and click on the ones you want) and then drag and drop them in the folder ready for copying to CD.

Alternatively, search for the .dbx files and burn them to CD and get a free programme called OEviewer (click here) which can open .dbx files to let you read the messages.

Good luck!

osofedupwivit 20:07 03 Feb 05

Hello
Thank you for that, will try the drag and drop method first.
I downloaded the prog you linked to, but i just get a box saying windows cant open the file cos it dont know the extension....I hate it when it gets complicated!
osfuwi

VoG II 20:20 03 Feb 05

Try the first stage of click here=

adenuff 23:03 03 Feb 05

Thanks for that, have managed to do it successfully and am feeling very pleased with myself!
osfuwi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…