//some 3rd party need geo

How Do I Convert JPG to CAM (Casio)

Sethhaniel 09:57 17 Aug 05

Friend has casio camera with compact flash cards
the file format it uses is CAM
I want to put some pictures (jpg at present) onto a card so that she can view them in her camera -
but they have to be in CAM format to be viewed - ANY application available for converting JPG to CAM -

hssutton 10:24 17 Aug 05

Irfanview will convert the files for you click here , but whether they will display in the camera is another matter.

jack 12:05 17 Aug 05

As HSS has said Irfanview will convert.
However cpmressed images in cameras normally shown as JPEG on a computer or in reality as variant known as EXIF -which is jpeg with camera data added[date shutter/apeture,camera model]when this image is loaded in to a PC this extra dta is stripped off, and therefore reloading to camera for viewing is rejected by the camera.
So the questions is is .CAM Casios version of the same thing or something else entirely.
A program that will put a cludge back into the image to fool the camera is to be found here.

click here

It is available for a free trial, obtaining a release code for £15 or so will give you a program that will make CD/DVD's add sound, create web shows and much much more

Sethhaniel 13:47 17 Aug 05

which I think can open CAM file but cannot save as CAM unless there is a plug-in i'm missing -

have downloaded xatshow ?? though no mention of CAM files on site - but will let you know when I get the chance to use it

Monument 14:42 17 Aug 05

"when this image is loaded in to a PC this extra data is stripped off"

This is not so the data remains.

jack 12:13 20 Aug 05

Monument
The XIF data will go in 98/98SE/ME
Remains in 2000/XP, but is complicated then by the
nature of the editor program used to access it.
i.e. some image editors have their own JPEG variants too
As usual nothing is straight forward.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…