how do i Control the wifi client

HELL BOI 18:32 24 May 13

HEy guys , need ur help,, My college provides a wifi connection for the student with password..... basically i m its client,,, but it has lots of clients so the download speed i m getting is very low..... can i do any data control or manage clients and there connection speed being a client itself which wud give me good download speed........ Is there any menthod to perform that,,,, plz do suggest it if its can be done with LInux as well...... THANKS ....

lotvic 15:05 25 May 13

No, you will have to share it like everyone else does. Only the IT dept in charge of the College Internet Supply can alter settings and it doesn't seem likely they would/could alter it just so when you logged on you got more of a share of the available bandwidth than anyone else does.

Forum Editor 18:12 27 May 13

Just to add to that (correct) answer from lotvic. When you use the college network to access the internet you are in contention for bandwidth with everyone else who is logged in and using the internet connection.

The more people there are online, the less bandwidth you will have available, and your connection will run more slowly, particularly if you are downloading anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…