How do I connect to wi-Fi connection in hotel

curly 11:43 14 Mar 07

I have a Wi-Fi connection at home to my desk top and laptop, both of which run Windows XP. This runs well. Last week, for the first time, I took the laptop and tried to log into a hotel wireless connection. I identified the Hotel connection, entered in the password, and connected. The connection showed 'Connected' but I could not get any further like accessing Internet Explorer or my AOL account. What have I failed to do to enable this connection?

Ho-Lin-Sok 12:10 14 Mar 07

Did you pay for it or was it supposed to be free for guests.

anchor 12:15 14 Mar 07

It is my experience that the majority of hotel, (at least in the medium price bracket), charge for Internet access.

I consider they could provide it free, considering the high charges they make in the UK for just a room. After all, a WiFi connection does`nt cost a lot?.

curly 15:02 14 Mar 07

The access was free.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:29 14 Mar 07

if you got to that stge then its either secuity WPA / WEP problem you must be set to correct one.

Or your firewall maybe blocking access.

Fingees 15:33 14 Mar 07

If the access was free, and you used the hotel password, then after connection you could open our browser or email client and carry on.

If hwever you just relied on the computer seeing the wi fi and connecting, then used your own ISPs password, it won't work

I use BT openzone for my hotel connections, but various other companies do it if you subscribe,

curly 16:05 14 Mar 07

Thanks for your help. I shall try again on my next visit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…