How do I connect 2 computers over the net?

fredo3 18:08 30 Jan 04

Hi,

I'm looking to upload files from my xp computer at work to my xp computer at home.

Where do I start? Havent a clue

Thanks in advance

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:43 30 Jan 04

An internal or external CD writer would be the easiest. Failing that click here

G

Bagsey 18:55 30 Jan 04

Another way and possibly cheaper depending on file size would be a USB Card reader and a compact flash card. You can take tha card reader home with you to transfer data to the card. I used this system for some time with school work.

Valvegrid 19:08 30 Jan 04

If both computers are contected to the internet and the file isn't too big, email them to yourself, I do it you the time from work to home and vicky verky.

Paul.

canard 19:31 30 Jan 04

If you have a website upload to it from 1 PC and then download to the other. If you use the supereasy Yahoo Geocities you don't even need to put your stuff on the website. Just save in file manager ready for download.

fredo3 21:09 30 Jan 04

thanks guys....I'll have a look at this geocities

In theory....you can use remote desktop. I don't know how it works but i know it does....

try these

click here

click here

second one works...first one doesn't

Neo_0147 00:56 31 Jan 04

Could use e-mil and if it's too big for an attachment, try and compress it using winzip or similar program so it might fit in the e-mail.

ianeon 06:23 31 Jan 04

I bought a "memory stick" - £19 at PCWorld - that works O.K.

fredo3 10:59 31 Jan 04

ok thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…