How do I clear free trial software?

JEFoord 18:57 17 Jan 09

I recently bought a second hand computer which had an icon for the application cyberlink youcam on it. When I tried to open it, it says the free trial has expired and I need to buy it if I want to use it. This was downloaded by the previous owner of the pc, and so although it has been used on the pc, it was by a different user. Is there any way to clear all the info and files that tell the installation process that it can install on my pc?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

anskyber 19:03 17 Jan 09

Just uninstall it from Control Panel and uninstall programs.

JEFoord 19:08 17 Jan 09

But surely that wont clear all the files put on the pc otherwise people would just keep using trial versions without ever purchasing?

birdface 19:15 17 Jan 09

Once you have removed them go to Start.Search.And type in the name of the program that you have just deleted.And remove any traces left over and make sure you do not delete anything that is needed to run your computer.Once you think you have deleted all the programs that you wanted to delete.Run C Cleaner and that should clear any rubbish up.click here

JEFoord 19:19 17 Jan 09

i'll give that a go. thanks for your help

MAJ 19:39 17 Jan 09

If you want to use it, buy it. It used to be possible to get round the time limited trial, but it's more difficult now.

JEFoord 19:52 17 Jan 09

I will buy it if i like it, but I want to be able to try it out like everyone else is able to do first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…