How do I clear the autocomplete drop down list.

genesis59 16:50 17 Dec 04

How do I clear the list of options that appear in, for example, the search entry on google. For example if I type the first letter of my next search and its B then all my previous searches that began with B appears in a drop down list. I've tried deleting history, clearing forms in autocomplete but no use. Am I missing something?
Thankyou in anticipation.

Gongoozler 17:01 17 Dec 04

In Internet Explorer, Tools - Internet Options - Content - Autocomplete button - Clear Forms.

Gongoozler 17:02 17 Dec 04

Sorry - I just noticed that you've tried that!

Gongoozler 17:05 17 Dec 04

I just tried it here and Clear Forms works for me.

Technotiger 17:10 17 Dec 04

Hi, I don't use google, but with others that I do use there is a small black dropdown arrow to the left of the subject entry - if google has one then a left-click will take you to Clear History or similar. Cheers.

britto 17:20 17 Dec 04

clearing forms does not work for me either,when you start to type a search in google the dropdowns appear after the first letter,do not type any more you will notice the top suggested word is highlighted just press delete to erase you could work your way from A to Z to clear them all.

spud22 17:40 17 Dec 04

click the google button next to the search box and there is an option to clear history.

feb 18:41 17 Dec 04

ccleaner might be the answer click here

DrScott 20:10 17 Dec 04

I use 'Cyberscrub' which seems to do the job well, except in deleting the MSN messenger drop down bar. You can try it for free, do what you need and then delete it.

Peter 22:47 17 Dec 04

It might be possible to remove individual items from the auto-complete dropdown list by double clicking the empty box where upon the auto-complete list should drop down. If you then highlight an item in the list, that you want to remove, press the delete key and it should disappear from the list. This can be repeated to remove more items.

Peter.

VoG II 22:54 17 Dec 04

click here free trial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac