How do I check website size

Scoundrel 19:24 09 Oct 06

I know this question will probably seem very basic to some of you but what is the best way to check how much space my various webpages take up?

I'm thinking of moving to Tiscali 8Mbps ADSL and they give 100MB of web space free (plus, I guess, a one off transfer fee).

dw

Graham. 19:31 09 Oct 06

Your present host may have the facility to display the space you are using.

harry1888 19:34 09 Oct 06

Look in your remote folder.

Scoundrel 19:55 09 Oct 06

Remote folder? Where would I find that?

harry1888 20:30 09 Oct 06

Hmmm....

Are we talking about the same thing?

The remote folder (which resides in your webspace) is where you upload your website to usually from the webfolder on your hard drive that you keep your site in. The host (who provides your webspace) should provide you stats. Usually you can see the remote folder when you upload something to it.

Scoundrel 06:43 10 Oct 06

I have a strained relationship with my isp, part of the reason I'm moving. I'd rather not have to speak to him.

I'm using Frontpage and that did generate a folder on my hard drive called mywebs. Is the size of the contents of that folder the same as the size of my webpages?

harry1888 11:28 10 Oct 06

Yeah, that'll give you a fairly accurate guide.

Plusnet (who I'm with) give you 250mb of webspace and a highly detailed webstat service if you like to see where your hits are coming from etc and we havent had a cross word in over 3 years.

See whos currently good or bad. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…