How do I check video capture driver is working ?

Rubia 23:42 12 Feb 05

When trying to capture video from camcorder to PC with Ulead VS8 I get a box up saying unable to capture - check video capture driver is working. How do I do this ?

josie mayhem 00:36 13 Feb 05

Hum, I'm not quite sure, but when I had a semilar problem, it was casued by not having enough memory, memory used be a mim of 512mb, but some video editting programs ned upto 1gb of memory and a very large hard drive.

The only other suggestion is to check in hardware devices via penal control, and see if there is any exculmation marks to it!

ICF 08:54 13 Feb 05

Have a look here click here

Rubia 12:27 14 Feb 05

Clicked on link as you suggested but it would not accept.i.e. regsvr32.exe.c:\windows\system32\qdv.dll
It answered Failed-return code was (lots of numbers)
Any other ideas ?

MichelleC 12:46 14 Feb 05

Make sure your camcord is set to export (check in menu). Also in Device manager there should be a choice of 2 drivers for firewire card - try changing.

Rubia 14:24 14 Feb 05

Does not seem to be any item in menu for export. Have followed the manual instructions diligently and the download is supposed to start the camera automatically.I dont think the camera is at fault as I'm now certain that the computer may have a bug as loading the programme is so slow. After many hours on this I think I shall have to take it into a shop as it has me beaten.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…