how do I check laptop for wireless card

GBL 13:38 02 Oct 08

How do I check to find out if I have a wireless card fitted to my laptop, and then switch it on??

mgmcc 13:43 02 Oct 08

If you open the Network Connections folder ("Start > Run", type NCPA.CPL and click OK) there should be an entry for a "Wireless Network Connection" if it's wireless enabled. There should also be an entry in the Network Adapters section of "Device Manager".

GBL 13:53 02 Oct 08

Where do I find Network connections,on this laptop I have a USB wireless adaptor fitted but was thinking that it may not be necessary, it has the wireless logo light but that is not illuminated.

Halmer 13:58 02 Oct 08

Properties
Device Manager
Then expand network adaptors and you should see reference to a WLAN if you have one.

To turn in on usually involves pressing a button on the laptop with a wireless symbol or a combination of keys depending on the make and model.

GBL 14:04 02 Oct 08

Thanks, in that case I do not have one so will continue with the adaptor.

woodchip 15:57 02 Oct 08

Look in Device Manager. under may be Lan. It may need switching on

rawprawn 16:09 02 Oct 08

Depending on your machine, it may be shown as "Network Adapters" in Device manager.It is on mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…