//some 3rd party need geo

How do I Check Drivers?

BeeWee 08:55 13 Jul 04

I am having bad problems at the moment!
1. Computer keeps crashing.
2. My drop down menus have disappeared
3. I suddenly keep getting asked for passwords which have previously been stored.

I have done a virus scan with AVG, defragged, cleaned up with "cleanup" and removed a recent d/load (turbo lister for ebay. I can live with points 2 and 3 but it is really worrying me that my computer crashes often. When I get the error report it is asking me to check drivers and I don't know how. Any help would be very welcome. I am running XP pro. Thank you.

recap 09:06 13 Jul 04

Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Device Manager and select which component that needs checking by right clicking it and selecting Properties, then select the Driver tab.

After saying all that you may not have to check the drivers. Just make sure there are no exclamation marks next to any device in Device Manager. If there are no exclamation marks there is no problem with the device.

Wes Tam ;-) 09:18 13 Jul 04

You can have a free try of Driver Detective from click here

BeeWee 09:38 13 Jul 04

Thank you for your responses..well apparently all drivers seem to be up to date and working. Any ideas what I should do next? I get a lot of info when the PC crashes but to be honest I can't make head nor tail of it all. It said it may be new software causing the problem (I have now removed that) and then the report mentioned the drivers - which I have now checked.

reaths 09:48 13 Jul 04

have you tried restoring to a point where the computer worked o.k.

recap 09:51 13 Jul 04

When your system crashes does it give a blue screen?

or, do you have to do Ctrl+Alt+Del to end a task?

or, does an error window pop up informing you that something has caused an error and will shut down?

Could you post the exact message?

BeeWee 09:51 13 Jul 04

reaths...thank you...I'll try that next and let you know how I get on!

BeeWee 10:10 13 Jul 04

I have just rolled back my system to early May! Will let you know how that works or if I get any more crashes.
Recap - I get a blue screen with lots of technical stuff which I don't understand, (apart from the driver and new software message which I have now taken care of).

recap 10:18 13 Jul 04

The technical stuff in the error message is were the problem lies. It could be memory related, graphics card etc. If you can, posting the error would help to pin point the problem. I'm sure someone can guide you through what the problem is.

BeeWee 16:25 13 Jul 04

I have been using my computer all day...no crashes!!! Hopefully the system restore has sorted it out. Thank you all for your help and I'll now mark this as resolved. I hope it IS resolved.

BeeWee 16:26 13 Jul 04

Forgot to tick!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…