how do i check cds for viruses

joeltr 13:44 30 Jul 03

sorry if the question is obvious, but when i receive a new cd-rom for my pc sometimes it advises to check for viruses, so i put one in to try, but i dont know what to do to check it, as youve guessed im a beginner, thanks, joel

Jester2K II 13:47 30 Jul 03

What Anti Virus are you using?

Is there an option in it to run a removal media test? or a custom scan. You can select the CD Drive that way.

joeltr 13:50 30 Jul 03

thanks, i have avg from pcadvisor, also zone alarm, i have windows xp installed,

pluff 13:50 30 Jul 03

Presuming that you have norton antivirus insert cd double click my computer right click cd drive and select scan for viruses.

Jester2K II 13:53 30 Jul 03

Open AVG (right click System Tray icon - bootom right of screen) and select Run AVG Anti-Virus. Select Removable Media Test.

Then select your CD Drive with the CD in it.

Jester2K II 13:54 30 Jul 03

pluffs suggestion also works with AVG - right click the drive in explorer and select Scan With AVG

beeuuem 14:01 30 Jul 03

Either insert CD in Drive, right click on the icon (in My Computer) and select Scan with AVG.
Or you can right click on the AVG taskbar icon > Run AVG Anti-virus > select 'Test' tab > Custom test and select your CD drive.

beeuuem 14:02 30 Jul 03

Late again!

joeltr 14:03 30 Jul 03

i have just successfully scanned my first cd- it went through everything on it and said no suspicious viruses found fantastic, a big thankyou to everyone, brilliant. joel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…