How do I change the product key number on my PC?

mikel1878 11:30 29 Apr 06

Hi
I recently found that the my Windows XP Pro software is fake. I have bought a disk and key number and I don't know how to change the key number to register it. I don't really want to reinstall the program if I can avoid it, nor do I want to mess with the registry as I am not confident in doing that. Can you guys tell me how to change it? It IS a legal copy.

Thanks

VoG II 11:33 29 Apr 06

click here Options > Change Windows key.

mikel1878 11:45 29 Apr 06

VoG

as simple as that! now I'm legal. brilliant response, thanks a million

kdt 12:00 29 Apr 06

VoG
is there any thing you don't know?
well impressed
kdt

Ikelos 12:15 29 Apr 06

he is one of the gang of four, knows it all :-)

ScarFace(M.O.D) 13:03 29 Apr 06

i would really like to get into programming, and i mean seriously, i want to learn, html+perl+basic(meant to be one of the hardest)python and any other useful languages. i need the best place to download self learning software and the best place to get the software to learn it on too, you know, compilers and the like. i have done a bit of delphi back in the day but just made games with it. if sum1 knows all of this (VoG), i would appreciate all the details. yes i know this wil take years to learn, but im only 25 and want to be good at 35. any help appreciated. ty.
u may also email me any help @ [email protected]

Stuartli 13:32 29 Apr 06

There is little point in tagging on a query at the end of an entirely unrelated subject - it will most likely be seen by very few.

Start a proper thread and you will get a faster response; you will also receive e-mails advising that there have been replies.

ScarFace(M.O.D) 13:42 29 Apr 06

good point, i did think of that after, ill do it now. thank you
©-©
'='

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…