How do i change my default media player

kev_t1982 10:06 30 Apr 05

Hi, have 2 media players (real and windows). When i downloaded real it changed my settings so that it is the default player but personally prefer windows media player. How do i change it back?

Cheers in advance

Kev

Joe R 10:08 30 Apr 05

Open media player, click on tools - options - file types, click on select all and apply

SEASHANTY 10:49 30 Apr 05

In Windows XP click on Start - Program Access and Defaults - Select Custom - Put a dot in the WMP option.

GroupFC 10:55 30 Apr 05

Except that in start I don't have program access and defaults and it is not something I have ever seen on my system (XP home)! (but then again I am learning all the time!). Can you expand on this?

Joe R 10:57 30 Apr 05

GroupFC,

when you click on all programs, it should be at the top.

Joe R 11:04 30 Apr 05

If it is not there, right click on an empty space on the taskbar choose properties - start menu - customise advanced, scroll down to set program access and defaults, tick the box and apply.

SEASHANTY 12:21 30 Apr 05

Also using Windows XP Home. Clicking on the START button. Window appears. Situated on the right hand
column of window is the block containing three items - which are - in descending order :-

Control Panel.

Set Program Access and Defaults.

Printers and Faxes.

P.S. I am NOT using the Classic view of XP Home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…