How do i change mobile phone supplier

packettracer 14:05 30 Jul 06

I'm fed up with the service i'm getting with o2 & want to switch to Orange. I'm on pay-as-you-go and want to carry on this way.

What do i have to do to change over & keep my mobile number? Any help would be great.

Forum Editor 14:43 30 Jul 06

in the Helproom. I'll move it now.

Stuartli 14:57 30 Jul 06

I've used Virgin Mobile since August 2000 on PAYG (it uses the T-Mobile network but charges less) and it will accept your current number and phone. See:

click here

for details.

pj123 15:01 30 Jul 06

Watching. Although I'm not having any problems with O2 it's still worth knowing how to change if I need to in the future.

Wouldn't be a problem for me to change numbers though as only 4 people know my mobile number.

FelixTCat 15:20 30 Jul 06

There is only one real issue: whether or not your phone is locked to o2. You can easily test this by putting in a sim from any other mobile phone. If it works, your phone is unlocked; f it doesn't, your phone is locked.

Unlocking a phone is legal (UNBLOCKING is not!!) and with many phones you can do it yourself; others can be done for about £10 at many shops, market stalls etc.

The follow stuartli's link.

Regards,

Felix

packettracer 18:07 30 Jul 06

Sorry, my mistake.

Thanks for you help.

6mfan 21:02 30 Jul 06

I would love to know how to do this and it Doesn't matter if it goes wrong it is an old Nokia

Thanks

Des

terryf 21:06 30 Jul 06

Try a Google 'unlock my mobile phone'

Stuartli 22:04 30 Jul 06

My current phone was used with O2 by my daughter (a Nokia 3310), which she gave to me after obtaining a new one.

I swapped the SIM from my Philips Savvy to the Nokia, configured it, and it immediately connected with the Virgin network...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos