How do I change a HDD partition to `inactive`

johndrew 14:06 06 Jan 09

Yes, I made a wrong selection after cloning my drive.

When I reconnected my second drive after cloning (I have 3 HDDs) I needed to re-identify the two partitions to make them accessible, instead of clicking `Change drive letter and paths ..` I inadvertently clicked on `Mark partition as Active`.

There must be a way to reverse this as I have no need for this partition to be active and it may cause problems in the longer term. There is plenty of information on how to make the partition active but not the reverse.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

MAJ 14:16 06 Jan 09

You could try this. click here

johndrew 14:27 06 Jan 09

Thanks MAJ that did it. Pity my search didn`t pick it up!!

woodchip 14:40 06 Jan 09

You can make it Inactive using Disc Manager. But you will lose all data on it

woodchip 14:42 06 Jan 09

You can make it Inactive using Disc Manager. But you will lose all data on it. If you have nothing on a Partition just remove it and create a Logical drive if its on the same drive.
Right click My Computer\Manage\Disc manaement

woodchip 14:42 06 Jan 09

You can make it Inactive using Disc Manager. But you will lose all data on it. If you have nothing on a Partition just remove it and create a Logical drive if its on the same drive.
Right click My Computer\Manage\Disc management

woodchip 14:44 06 Jan 09

Sorry about Dual Post, its PCA doing its thing

johndrew 16:21 06 Jan 09

Thanks for coming back, but the link offered by MAJ worked with no loss of data. Might be of value to others in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…