How do I change floppy drive letter

Mike24 07:59 22 Jul 04

Since a re-install the drive letter for my floppy has changed from 'A' to 'B' when saving files in some programs with "Save As" it shows as 5¼(B:)
in others it shows as 3¼(B:).

How do I change it back to 3¼(A:)??

MIKE24

jack 08:24 22 Jul 04

This is a strange one, simply because
That drive with 'C' is I beleive in the formware of the motherborad and is set in stone so to speak and as for 'B'[5.25] iit haslong gone.

You could try this open the machine and remove the data connector - large flat ribbon from the drive.

Shut the machine down and restart
It should come up with no 'A' or 'B' assumin I have read you aright and you do not have a 'B'
the machine must be very old if it has.

Now reconnect and see if it reestablishes the correct order.

It didn't?
Wait her more anwers coming of that I am sure
j

xania 09:11 22 Jul 04

I agree with Jack - very strange. However, I do know that some mobos allow changes within the BIOS so it might be worth checking that out. Otherwise, click here if you've got XP. Other OS you can sometimes chnage the drive letter by going into Hardware profile.

bhocip 09:33 22 Jul 04

Hi Mike24,
Have you looked in the bios of the mobo? Often press "Del" on startup. If your mobo has provision for two floppy drives, they may be set incorrectly. The "A" drive should be set to 3 1/4. The "B" drive should not be enabled. Even some fairly recent boards have provision for two floppies.
Hope this is of some use to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…