How do I change boot drive letter to "C"

I have just completed my first self build & all went well except ---- during my eagerness to install Windows XP Home, I inadvertantly left 2 Hard D.Drives connected both jumpered C/Select.
(Obviously my intentions were to have just the 1
connected as "Master", prior to installing XP.)

Drive letter allocation is as follows --------

A. Floppy D.Drive
C. DSK_VOL 1
D. DVD-R/W
E. DVD-Rom
F. Local Disk (Bt/Drive on a single partition)

I understand the boot drive letter cannot be changed using Disk Management. If I were to do a Reformat/Reinstall, would letter "C" then be given to the Boot Drive, if so, I would appreciate any advice on the procedure and any pitfalls that may arise. PS. I have not yet registered my Windows XP Disk.

Thanks for any assistance

powerless 11:58 03 May 04

Yup.

Disconnect one drive and install to the other, it will be given C.

AndySD 12:03 03 May 04

Ok so I for one am a little confused so...

You intend to remove one of the hard drives?

But yes a format and reinstall will put it on C as long as you have the drives attached properly.

You can format and partition either using the Recovery Console whilst booting from the cd click here or within setup click here

Thanks for your replies, Andy, sorry to confuse you, my intention is to connect 2nd HDD after successfully installing XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…