how do I burn a DVD through nero?

fredo3 13:28 19 Mar 04

I have a DVD writer in my tower that I've never used. I want to burn a video file I've downloaded onto a DVD disc and be able to watch it back on my television DVD player.

I've opened nero express and clicked on mini DVD and its informing me to use nero vision before burning the file.

Can anyone explain in plain english to a dim wit where to begin?

thanx anyone

JFT 13:33 19 Mar 04

What format is the video file?

Stuartli 13:34 19 Mar 04

The best bet will be to read the Nero Help files - that's why they are there.

You may have to download them in .pdf form from the ahead website but it's quite quick, even on dialup, and you can save them for future reference.

fredo3 13:37 19 Mar 04

the format is mpg

stlucia 13:40 19 Mar 04

I don't use Nero, but to kick things off I can tell you the basics which might get you going in the right direction:

Where has your movie file come from, what format is it in? It MAY need converting before it can be put onto a DVD. My normal route is to convert digital .avi files (that's what I get off my video camera) into MPEG2 files using separate software. My burning software (Roxio) then puts the MPEG2 files onto a DVD; but it's not a simple case of drag-and-drop the files. You have to use the function in your burning software which is called "create a DVD" or somthing like that, so that the burner programme will automatically record all the other files your dvd player needs to enable it to play your video.

fredo3 13:47 19 Mar 04

Thanks stlucia that gives me a start.

stuartli thanks for the response.....you are correct! They should shut this forum down thanks to all the understandable instructions that comes bundled with software and made available on the net.

Most of it m8 is as clear as mud! written for computer geeks.

pj123 13:59 19 Mar 04

Thanks for asking this question. Although I don't have a DVD writer yet I am about to buy one. I also noticed the only option in NeroBurn 6 was "miniDVD". I asked what a miniDVD was (in another thread) as opposed to a 4.7gb DVD. Are they the same. Put into My Posting to keep an eye on the resonses before I buy.

Stuartli 14:21 19 Mar 04

click here

click here

Sony offers miniDVD camcorders.

JFT 14:23 19 Mar 04

A mini DVD is a file with DVD specs but burnt onto a CDR ie DVD quality but your CD will only hold about 15-20 mins of video!

Once you connect your DVD Nero Express will give you the option to burn DVD's!

Stuartli 14:28 19 Mar 04

A useful website with hundreds of articles regarding burning hardware, media and how to use it all can be found at:

click here

Smiler 14:34 19 Mar 04

As you do not have a dvd recorder in your system then nero 6 or any other software won't give you the options available to a dvd burner. If you did not have a recognised cd burner on your system the same would apply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…