How do i boot from a CD

Bike-it 20:38 24 Jan 07

I am tyring to reformat my pc but whenever i try to reinstall xp i get a message telling me that the version i am trying to install is older that the one already installed so i will need to boot the computer from the installation Cd how do i go about doing this.

Totally-braindead 20:45 24 Jan 07

Do a google search for reinstalling XP and you'll find dozens of sites with full complete instructions for doing this.
Do make sure you have all the necessary disks for reinstalling all you stuff though, you should have the motherboard driver disk, disks for your printer scanner etc.
Oh and is this a branded computer, do you a full windows XP disk or a restore disk. If its a restore disk then windows is on a hidden partition on the hard drive. If you blank the hard drive you will lose windows completely.

Bike-it 20:50 24 Jan 07

Hi totally braindead, it says on the disc, Operating reinstallation cd, only use this cd to reinstall the operating system,this cd is not for the reinstallation of drivers or programmes.

VoG II 21:01 24 Jan 07
  Totally-braindead 21:06 24 Jan 07

Do not choose the option to format the drive as that will delete windows. It should come up with prompts to allow you to reinstall to what it was when you first got your PC. Be aware you will lose everything else.

skidzy 22:50 24 Jan 07

To boot from your restore disc:

Insert the disc and reboot the system and follow the onscreen prompts.This should reset the system to factory settings.If you have not backed up the data,save it first as all will be lost.

As advised earlier..Do NOT format the drive unless you have a windows disc (not the restore disc)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…