How do I block videos on youtube?

PC840 23:05 23 May 15

In the past I've been able to block youtube videos with a simple add on from firefox, now it seems I can't! I've even reinstalled an older version of firefox and that did for a while, until firefox updated on auto. Research suggests hacking into firefox could be an answer, So I went to Chrome and couldn't block them there. I don't want the credit on my dongle to be eating away, help what can I do?

Regards

rdave13 00:27 24 May 15

Only way is to use your firewall settings. Block YouTube et all.

PC840 10:49 24 May 15

'Block YouTube et all', but I do want to download certain videos, but not others and this is where it eats into my credit. This 'problem' started a few months ago, so I just change the downloader and flash blocker until they worked, expecting a solution to be made. But it appears that youtube aren't allowing them to work in the old way, it was 'fine' before I did a complete reinstall so I've possibly altered something, some how, if so WHAT?

rdave13 11:32 24 May 15

I'm on Firefox version 38.0.1 and can still block flash player. It could be the HTML5 player that's causing you problems. There's a thread on disabling the HTML5 player here, superuser forum that might help.

PC840 11:49 24 May 15

'on disabling the HTML5 player' yip, that looks like the problem, cheers!

robin_x 11:55 24 May 15

Try Flash Control too. I don't know if it is an updated Flash Block from the same authors but it seems similar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…