how do i become 'administrator' on my pc?

buel 16:04 27 May 09

ì, iv just reinstalled xp on a new h.d and have downloaded all the relevant drivers but can only run 4 of the 8 needed, when i try to run them i get the message 'you need to be logged on as administrator to install this update' and there is only 1 user on the pc, what do i do please?

johndrew 16:23 27 May 09

You don`t say which OS you are using (XP Home/Pro, Vista ..) but this may help click here or maybe this click here

buel 17:14 27 May 09

hi, thanks for that, im using xp.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:18 27 May 09

If your installing drivers bets to do in safe mode and select the administrator log on from the welcome screen,as no password set just press enter.

buel 14:33 31 May 09

One answer was to enter under safe mode but when i did that the drivers that i have downloaded dont appear on the desktop and the 'pressing cntrl, alt and del' twice at the log on screen didn't help either!
Have you any ideas please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:52 31 May 09

Navigate to Documents and settings - your username - desktop.

if thats where you saved the downloaded files to.

buel 16:26 31 May 09

I saved them to desktop, shall i now save them to documents and settings? (these are the set-up files)

buel 16:31 31 May 09

Ps- i see what you mean now, im just not sure this will work as when i go to documents there is no 'settings'?

lotvic 16:41 31 May 09

C:\Documents and Settings\buel\Desktop

Do not confuse 'Documents and Settings' with 'My Documents'

buel 16:46 31 May 09

BRILLIANT!! il try it now...

buel 16:53 31 May 09

GOD DAMN IT!!

I did exactly that, found the drivers and they said the same things about having to belogged in as administrator when that is exactly what i did!!
Please have you any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant