how do i become 'administrator' on my pc?

buel 16:04 27 May 09

ì, iv just reinstalled xp on a new h.d and have downloaded all the relevant drivers but can only run 4 of the 8 needed, when i try to run them i get the message 'you need to be logged on as administrator to install this update' and there is only 1 user on the pc, what do i do please?

johndrew 16:23 27 May 09

You don`t say which OS you are using (XP Home/Pro, Vista ..) but this may help click here or maybe this click here

buel 17:14 27 May 09

hi, thanks for that, im using xp.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:18 27 May 09

If your installing drivers bets to do in safe mode and select the administrator log on from the welcome screen,as no password set just press enter.

buel 14:33 31 May 09

One answer was to enter under safe mode but when i did that the drivers that i have downloaded dont appear on the desktop and the 'pressing cntrl, alt and del' twice at the log on screen didn't help either!
Have you any ideas please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:52 31 May 09

Navigate to Documents and settings - your username - desktop.

if thats where you saved the downloaded files to.

buel 16:26 31 May 09

I saved them to desktop, shall i now save them to documents and settings? (these are the set-up files)

buel 16:31 31 May 09

Ps- i see what you mean now, im just not sure this will work as when i go to documents there is no 'settings'?

lotvic 16:41 31 May 09

C:\Documents and Settings\buel\Desktop

Do not confuse 'Documents and Settings' with 'My Documents'

buel 16:46 31 May 09

BRILLIANT!! il try it now...

buel 16:53 31 May 09

GOD DAMN IT!!

I did exactly that, found the drivers and they said the same things about having to belogged in as administrator when that is exactly what i did!!
Please have you any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…