How do I backup Windows Updates?

Raywood 11:47 15 Feb 04

I have collected a number of updates for Windows XP. Is there a way that I can put these on CD-R. As a 56k modem used I wouldn't like to spend ages downloding them all again if something happened.

Diodorus Siculus 11:51 15 Feb 04

Where are they? If already applied using the WindowsUpdate site, then they are not available; if you saved them locally, then they can be burned to CD like any other file.

powerless 11:51 15 Feb 04

If you've installed the updates via windows update then no you cannot.

If you downloaded each update as a *.exe then just pop the *.exe over to a CD.

To downlaod Windows Updates || click here

fitcher 12:12 15 Feb 04

buy the windows mag with the updates on its free disk , you can not save the updates on computer .you have to go through it again when you replace xp, mind you not all those updates will be to date ..ask pc advisor to put a disk on with the xp updates eh ,,, what about it
pc advisor are you not allowed to ?

anon1 14:32 15 Feb 04

You can "slipstream" the original cd and also do the same with office if you have it.click here
click here

tafoody 14:38 15 Feb 04

if the downloads were recent you will find them in your temp internet files, just drag them into my docs or somewhere.

tenplus1 14:43 15 Feb 04

Check out AutoPatcher.com website as they provide EVERY Windows Update in 1 .exe file, plus a host of really useful software to gi with it... It's 1 download but a really worthwhile download... Who knows, maybe you can find AutoPatcherXP on a Cover CD somewhere to save you downloading it on your 56k...

Raywood 09:59 16 Feb 04

Thank you for your responses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…