How do I back up my files?

catcha125 17:28 25 Mar 05

When I try to back up files on my computer to dvd I keep getting the message "backup file name could not be used E;\backup.bkf PLEASE ENSURE IT IS A VALID PATH AND YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT ACCESS" cAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE i AM GOING WRONG.

rawprawn 17:37 25 Mar 05

E; is wrong, try E:

VoG II 17:37 25 Mar 05

Which backup program are you using? If it is Windows own, that does not support backing up to CD or DVD.

Completealias 17:41 25 Mar 05

Are you using the built in backup function of windows because this does not support backing up to optical media, you need to backup to another hard drive.

There is a workaround which is you backup to windows built in cdburning folder and then burn this to disk but I can't find the location of the folder and even then I'm not sure if that will write to DVD

GroupFC 19:13 25 Mar 05

Judging by the file extension (.bkf) you are trying yo use windows own back up facility. This only supports back up to floppies (!).

The workround is to do the backup to somewhere on your c drive (eg to your desktop) and then burn the resulting .bkf file to disc using your burning s/ware.

VoG II 19:15 25 Mar 05

Or Zip drives or tape drives...

I use 250MB zip disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…