How do I back-up e-mails prior to Win re-install?

Once again I am going to have to re-install windows but I would like to save some e-mails first -how do I do this? I can never find the directory root to them on my pc.
thanks and if I don't reply too soon you will know that I've "Done the deed!"
Cheers1

MAJ 20:36 02 Apr 03

Which email client are you using, Debe? Is it Outlook, Outlook Express or other? Do you want to save all your emails or just a few? Which operating system are you using?

recap 20:39 02 Apr 03

To compact and back up mail folders
Select a mail folder, click the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Compact.

To back up the folder, find the folder file, and then copy it to a backup folder, floppy disk, or network drive. Outlook Express mail folders have a .dbx extension (for example, "Sent Items.dbx").
Notes
Some message files might be too large to back up onto a floppy disk.

If you are using a program other than Outlook Express to send e-mail messages to newsgroups, check your e-mail program's documentation for information about compacting and deleting mail folders.

Extracted from the Help files in O/E.

BurrWalnut 20:41 02 Apr 03

In OE it is C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\gobbledygook\Microsoft\Outlook Express. Main ones being Inbox and Sent Items. Just copy them.

Thanks to you all will do so, have always given up in the past!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…