How do I back-up e-mails prior to Win re-install?

denysecoughlan@ymail.com 20:23 02 Apr 03

Once again I am going to have to re-install windows but I would like to save some e-mails first -how do I do this? I can never find the directory root to them on my pc.
thanks and if I don't reply too soon you will know that I've "Done the deed!"
Cheers1

MAJ 20:36 02 Apr 03

Which email client are you using, Debe? Is it Outlook, Outlook Express or other? Do you want to save all your emails or just a few? Which operating system are you using?

recap 20:39 02 Apr 03

To compact and back up mail folders
Select a mail folder, click the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Compact.

To back up the folder, find the folder file, and then copy it to a backup folder, floppy disk, or network drive. Outlook Express mail folders have a .dbx extension (for example, "Sent Items.dbx").
Notes
Some message files might be too large to back up onto a floppy disk.

If you are using a program other than Outlook Express to send e-mail messages to newsgroups, check your e-mail program's documentation for information about compacting and deleting mail folders.

Extracted from the Help files in O/E.

BurrWalnut 20:41 02 Apr 03

In OE it is C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities\gobbledygook\Microsoft\Outlook Express. Main ones being Inbox and Sent Items. Just copy them.

denysecoughlan@ymail.com 16:34 03 Apr 03

Thanks to you all will do so, have always given up in the past!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…