How do I back-up the Docs and Settings in XP Home

Mezzo 11:15 22 Jan 03
  Mezzo 11:15 22 Jan 03

Im new to XP, so please forgive me if this question appears a bit basic!

Whenever I try to copy my Documents and Settings folder to my E: Drive (CD Rewrite) I always get the error message 'Cannot copy NTUser: It is being used by another person or program' ie Me! It copies the first couple of Users folders and then stops when it gets to mine. Is there a way round this?

Also, I noticed that there is an Owner folder in addition to the Guest folder. Whats this for?

Thanks for your help guys and gals.

Mezzo.

jazzypop 11:22 22 Jan 03

Go to Start Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup.

Choose the Backup tab, tick My Documents. Save the backup file to your hard drive, and copy the resulting file to CD once finished.

If the Backup program does not appear in System Tools, you will need to install it first. See click here

Mezzo 11:27 22 Jan 03

Brilliant. Thanks for your help!

jimmylove 11:45 22 Jan 03

Wow,

I was always wondering how to do that! Thanks you so much - works a treat!

James

jimmylove 11:56 22 Jan 03

Is there anything else on the XP Home cd rom that wasn't included by default and is as useful as the backup utility?

jazzypop 12:06 22 Jan 03

Nothing as useful as the Backup utility (for me), although there are some extra admin tools - see click here

jimmylove 12:19 22 Jan 03

see what u mean. Thanks,

J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…