how do i back up all my programmes

mark3986 15:01 21 Jul 09

how do i back up all my files and factory reset my computer then restore my backed up files

mooly 15:17 21 Jul 09

What's the operating system ?
If you mean personal data, documents, pictures, spreadsheets etc etc then the easiest way is to just copy them to a USB flash drive or SD cards etc. Dead easy, just right click the items, or the entire folders, and click "send to" and select the USB drive.
To restore just find the drive in "(my) computer" and click it, then again right click the files and send to "documents" etc

mark3986 15:23 21 Jul 09

vista home premium everything my game data everything coz ive had a virus and since then ive not been able to use windows update

mark3986 18:22 21 Jul 09

any more ideas guys

mooly 18:31 21 Jul 09

Where is the game data stored ? Is it in a location or file you can access, if so the above should work. How much data are you talking about,
1gb, 5, 20 ?
If you have got rid of the virus have you tried repairing windows update ?

woodchip 18:34 21 Jul 09

To do what you want, Buy a External USB drive and Acronis True Image. then Create a Image of the drive and or Operating System. This backs up all on the Drive and you can restore OS and Programs all that is on the Drive back to when you create a backup Image

mark3986 18:40 21 Jul 09

how can i repair windows update ive tried following the steps
its proberly about 20gig

woodchip 18:42 21 Jul 09

Your first Post does not reflect your Thread Title

as you are then asking about restoring things and repairing

mooly 19:23 21 Jul 09

What's the operating system ?
20gb really needs a separate HDD to backup to, unless you can come up with enough flash drives, or burn the files to discs (DVD's).
Apart from windows update not working is everything else OK.

mooly 19:24 21 Jul 09

Just seen Vista HP... doh

mooly 19:26 21 Jul 09

First thing I would do is run as a command prompt the sfc repair utility.
Click the start orb and type cmd
Right click CMD.EXE and run as admin.
Type exactly,
sfc /SCANNOW and press enter, note the space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…