How do I automatically refresh Explorer?

KeithK 11:50 12 Aug 04

I use a web browsing program that needs to be refreshed every fifteen seconds.

The system seemed to do this until a recent upgrade of windows/anti-virus etc

Is there a setting that I can adjust or does this have to come from the people who are operating the program?

Thanks for your help

Chegs ® 12:49 12 Aug 04

There are a couple of web browsers I know definately have autorefresh ability,Opera and Avant.I used Opera for ages,until I heard about Avant.To enable refresh at predetermined intervals click Navigation/Auto Refresh. click here Pic of browser

D/l browser here click here

Stuartli 13:00 12 Aug 04

In Internet Explorer, from the Tools menu, select Internet Options>General tab>Temporary Internet files>Settings.

In the dialog box select Every visit to the page

Click OK

On returning to the Internet Options dialog box click OK again.

When the dialog box closes your settings are updated.

The latest version of the page will now load every time it is accessed.

Otherwise it's a case of using the Toolbar Refresh button...:-)

Stuartli 13:07 12 Aug 04

Might get a bit frustrating if pages are updating automatically and you've just lost something you've typed.....

I also forgot that there is a (refresh) Automatically choice from the menu - this may prove even more effective.

Stuartli 13:26 12 Aug 04

Ironically, you can set Outlook Express (as you will be aware part of IE) to check for e-mails as often as you wish.....

scooby43 13:59 12 Aug 04

Outlook Express

tools > options > general

in there is the option to check mail how long you want.

Think Thats right

KeithK 14:33 12 Aug 04

it turned out that it was something to do with the client's program

They are using something called "poing" and this had the wrong user name and password and our system was not recognising the commands in

Thanks to all who responded

There a pint of Guiness waiting at my local for you!

Stuartli 15:15 12 Aug 04

Thanks, but your posting isn't an answer to the thread question, but a response to an observation regarding OE on my part. Hence my use of the word ironically.

Mine checks for mail every five minutes....

KeithK

How did you know I drink Guinness (along with good examples of Australian Shiraz)?

Well any good to superb red actually, but I really do like Aussie Shiraz - from the Coonerwara region especially.....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…