How do I add to my website without rewritng whole

Chegs ® 22:17 28 Jul 04

My website click here

I want to add another video file similar to "My Daughter opening her Xmas presents (WMP)" without rewriting the whole lot and uploading the page again.Im using M$ Frontpage.I have the original "Index" page,but its a while since I put the page up and used Frontpage and my brain has long since fried...lol.I just need a few pointers in the right direction,eg. which bit of Frontpage I use.

I tried searching this forum,but got zip,zero,no results returned. :-)

Taran 22:45 28 Jul 04

If you still have a copy of the full website in its root folder then all you do is make the amendments to the page(s) you want to adjust then when you publish the site choose the option to publish changed pages only. This won't overwrite anything on the site other than pages that have been altered. The web server files are timestamped and FrontPage will compare the date/time/size of the files and only upload those files that have been edited and altered since the last publish.

If you've lost your copy of the site on your PC, start up FrontPage, create a new site and select the Import Web Site Wizard. Follow the prompts and it will import a full copy of the site to your PC for you to work on. It will tak a while, mainly becasue some of the files on your site a pretty huge.

Taran 22:47 28 Jul 04

Should you really have a link to download Pinnacle Studio 8 (148 Mbs) on your page ?

Chegs ® 22:53 28 Jul 04

If you click that link,it doesn't do anything.I uploaded it when I 1st created the site to see just how much space I actually had.Then deleted it when it occurred to me that it was breaching copyright.The links removal will be part of the redesign.

Chegs ® 00:13 29 Jul 04

Thanks Taran,amended page is now up.

Chegs ® 11:59 29 Jul 04

There we go,its gone now.I was attempting to put an animated .gif on there,but no matter what I tried the box with a red x just changed size and the URL altered accordingly.Once again,Thanks. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…