How do I add a Monitor to my Laptop

Happy1 17:08 13 Jun 05

Hi all,

Could someone out there please tel me how to attach a Monitor to my Laptop please. The Backlight is gone and although can see with difficulty I do have a Monitor (thin screen) which I could use. I need to set up by Tomorrow as having rellies to stay and want to show my Family History website to them.

Many thanks

Nelmon2k 17:30 13 Jun 05

There should be a cable coming from your monitor that looks something like click here that. There should be a corresponding port on the back of your laptop. Hope this helps.

pauldonovan 18:10 13 Jun 05

..that when you connect it it doesn't display immediately.

Some laptops need to be switched to display to an external monitor. You can usually do this by a combination of a "Fn" key and another key that has a symbol of a screen on it.

What model/make is your laptop - if you let us know we could dig out a manual for it on the web and show you the right pages.

Happy1 18:11 13 Jun 05

It doesn't look anything like the one you showed me I'm afraid. The cable is thin and black and has a pink end which is the same size as a speaker plug, just one spike and thin. There is also a black power pack attached to the Monitor which looks like the same as the one attached to my Laptop and this has a thin black cable coming from it.

Happy1 18:12 13 Jun 05

My Laptop is a SAMSUNG V20 running XP PRO.

Many thanks

pauldonovan 18:43 13 Jun 05

sounds like the monitor is the problem.

pauldonovan 18:47 13 Jun 05

..u need to look at page 53 of the manual:

click here

(actually page 61 in Acrobat but 53 real page number!)

But first we need to figure out how to get it connected, that sounds like a weird monitor connection to me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…