How do I add downloadable items?

Scoundrel 19:26 18 Apr 04

Go click here , comment if you can help.

Bear in mind I'm pretty poor with PCs so it will need to be baby steps!

In the same way that you have a link <a href="points.htm">Latest 2004 championship standings</a> which leads to another page, just link to the file. <a href="myfile.csv">download my file</a> as the link is not a webpage the browser will cause the download dialog box to popup

Forum Editor 00:17 19 Apr 04

It's very confuasing when there are two on the same subject, but in different forum areas.

Keep in mind that a web browser is simply software that downloads files from remote locations - HTML pages are files, and your browser displays them. If you make a hyperlink to a non - HTML file (a Word document for instance) the browser will diaplay the download authorisation dialogue automatically.

Just put the file that you want to offer for download somewhere in your web - for tidiness sake I suggest that you create a new folder - call it download or something similar (keep the title in lower case). Then create a hyperlink to the file itself, and that's it - when someone clicks your link their browser will ask them what to do with the file.

Pesala 09:07 19 Apr 04
  Pesala 09:16 19 Apr 04

Unless I zoom in by 150%. Between 12% and 20% of the male population suffer from colour-blindness. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…