//some 3rd party need geo

How do I access more than one web page?

ray27 08:38 23 Apr 05

I am using Windows XP Home with internet Explorer
Whenever I attempt to access more than one web page the other one closes down.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is ?
I am sure it is only a matter of getting the settings right but I am not sure where to start
Many Thanks for any advice
Ray

timeteam2004 08:45 23 Apr 05

click here Use this. It is a tabbed browser based on IE with popup killer etc. Have multiple pages open at once with no problems.

billyliv 08:49 23 Apr 05

Hi, All I do is, minimize the page I am on then open another one. Minimized pages lie in your task bar and are numbered. Cheers, Bill

jammin 09:01 23 Apr 05

download and use firefox for your browser - easy tabbed pages

ray27 09:01 23 Apr 05

I have tried what you sugest but the problem is still there
After a bit of investigation the problem appears only when I am using the favorite option
If I access webb pages by typing them in the search engine each time they will stay there

rawprawn 09:02 23 Apr 05

I put a quick launch icon on the Taskbar, then if I am looking at one site I just click on the Icon and it opens a new Web Page then I can the alternate between them. Alternatively download Firefox, put a quick launch Icon in the Taskbar and use two browsers at the same time.

Stuartli 09:20 23 Apr 05

If you switch to Firefox (or any browser that supports tabbed pages), you can have several pages open each with one or more tabbed pages..:-)

Just switch from one page to another as necessary.

ray27 09:22 23 Apr 05

If I just use the favorite option I can only access one page but if I use internet explorer each time and minimise them as billylv sugest they stay there so I will do this in the future
Many thanks for all the advice
Regards Ray

theodor 10:05 23 Apr 05

The browser settings for Internet Explorer are under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Browsing & try experimenting with “Reuse windows for shortcuts” to change settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…