How do I access BT speedtester?

numskull 12:01 23 Oct 07

Been on SKY broadband for just over a month and I am unable to access the BT speedtester. Whatever username I enter it just results in test error.
My synch speed keeps varying too, currently 7136 if I reboot the router it comes back up to 7616. I has dropped below 7000. What is my connection speed for entering figure into TCP optimizer? I currently have it at 6MB but 8MB does not seem to make much difference.

Stuartli 12:03 23 Oct 07

If you are on an LLU service, you won't be able to use the BT Speedtester.

An alternative is:

click here

Dipso 15:58 23 Oct 07

As Stuartli says the BT Speedtester doesn't work if you are on Sky LLU, i.e the Base, Mid or Max packages but it should work if you are on Connect. However LLU isn't subject to the BRAS profiling system if that is what you are using it for otherwise any speedtester will do.

I would set TCP Opt to 8 Meg.

If your line keeps dropping you may need to check out your internal phone wiring set up click here

numskull 16:42 23 Oct 07

Thanks. Already have the phone wiring sorted and have ADSL nation faceplate and filter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…