How Do I?

BRUNOBEN 09:37 15 Mar 08

hi Guys.Anyone know how I can watch a film on tv.I have a film on DVD+RW which is in divx format(don`t know what that means)the problem is I cannot play it on tv.Is there a way that I can change the format so as to be able to play on tv.Many thanks in anticipation.

Wak 12:01 15 Mar 08

You could download one of the FREE movie makers such as click here which converts you DVD files to .VOB files. They should then play on a TV or DVD player.

BRUNOBEN 13:23 15 Mar 08

Thanks Wak gone to site you mentioned but don`t know what to click on,as I said the file format is a divx file.Can you please give any more info on what to click on as there is just to much to choose from when you don`t know what to do.Mant Thanks.

john bunyan 13:43 15 Mar 08

You can use a converter programme. I use Roxio Copy and Convert, so on your PC you would convert the Divx to DVD- Video. Copy and convert is either a stand alone pack or part of Roxio Easy Media Creator 10. I notice there is a Roxio Creator 10 free DVD programme on this month's PCA magazine but am bot sure if it includes the above facility - maybe the PCA member(s) would confirm?

BRUNOBEN 14:03 15 Mar 08

Many Thanks John Bunyan.looking into that get back when I do.Is roxio a free software?

Wak 15:56 15 Mar 08

Sorry about that. Click on the FREE Movie DVD maker.

john bunyan 16:51 15 Mar 08

BRUNOBEN. The Roxio Creator 10 basic is free with this months PCA but I dont know if it includes the Copy and Convert bit. Roxio Create and Convert is about £20 as a download and the Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite includes a whole range of stuff - burning software, photo suite etc and is, I think £30 something. I think Nero has a similar programme. Maybe there is a free programme around that does what you want.

lofty29 17:02 15 Mar 08

Hi BRUNOBEN Try click here divx to dvd converter

lofty29 17:04 15 Mar 08

PS I have used Roxio in the past and have had problems on xppro

lisa02 17:30 15 Mar 08

Get a DVD player that supports DIVX £25 from Argos.

BRUNOBEN 20:15 16 Mar 08

Thanks to everyone who help me with this issue the problem I had has now been resolved thanks once again to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant