How do I......?

curlylad 10:17 16 Jun 04

A friend is having my old PC which has win98se.
It has a lot of programs on including AV , firewall , spybot , adaware etc etc .When he gets the PC to his house will I need to uninstall these programs and then reinstall putting in his email address , personal details etc , and also do I have to wait 'till I get to his to install his user account details for his ISP taking into account that he wishes to use the same ISP that is on it but obviously needs to alter the details so is it best to get to his house to do all this ?Please help.

spuds 10:23 16 Jun 04

You could do it at your location, but it would be best to set it up at your friends. Easier if problems crop up. When you 'transfer' it to your friend, you will then have the satisfaction that all is well, and you can leave worry free.

curlylad 10:26 16 Jun 04

Thanks spuds , any one else ?

curlylad 11:55 16 Jun 04

march 12:14 16 Jun 04

I'd follow spuds advice if I was you;

a friend of mine set up an old computer for my daughter to use at uni & put everything on at his house as he thought it would the best way (no messing about when she got to uni with it just plug in & use)

oops! didn't work out that way, had problems with internet & some programs wouldn't work so we had to uninstall then reinstall bit of a pain really.

far quicker to do it all at tuther end as it were.
hope this helps,
good luck
march

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017