HOW DO I??

Lea 13:08 06 Sep 03

I used to be able to click on the documents icon on the desktop and that would take me straight into a window where they were listed and I could scroll through to find what I wanted. Since reinstalling Word I can't do this except by going into Word and clicking on More Documents...Anyone know how to change back to the one I want????
I tried right clicking the More Documents folder for a shortcut but it won't.

Thanks,

Lea

seedie 13:14 06 Sep 03

Do you mean the My Documents folder on the desktop?

Lea 13:20 06 Sep 03

yes

rickf 13:22 06 Sep 03

try deleting the shortcut from the desktop and creating it again from the my documents folder.

seedie 13:35 06 Sep 03

windows explorer,scroll down to my documents, right click, select add item to desktop

Lea 14:32 06 Sep 03

Sorry....none of those work. The window I'm trying to get into from desktop is the File Open Dialogue Box where all the files are horizontal and scroll left to right.It's a small problem compared to some ...it just makes life a little easier. In the window itself is a documents icon so I thought ...yes and right clicked for the shortcut......I finished up in the other window......<sigh>

Lea

Jester2K II 14:49 06 Sep 03

File Open Dialogue Box from the Desktop?

Never seen that before...

Lea 14:57 06 Sep 03

Used it in Word from Office.

Jester2K II 15:00 06 Sep 03

I find the thread very confusing so far.

You say you used in on the desktop but now you used in it Word.

What version of Word are you using? What version of Windows?

Is this something missing from the Desktop or Word?

Is it just a case that you can click the Open Button and it doesn't take you to the right place?

if so then Tools Menu, Options, File Locations is the place to edit where the Open Dialogue box looks first.

Lea 15:13 06 Sep 03

I want to click on an icon on the desktop that takes me directly into the file open dialogue box where the documents are stored and scroll left to right. Can get at it if I go to Word and click on More Documents....so why can't I go directly from the desktop? Tried everything so far and keep going back into the system folder where the documents also are. I've used this facilty on Windows 95, 98 so why not on XP?????????????

Lea

Lea 15:20 06 Sep 03

Jester...are you saying that if I modified C:\ Documents to file open dialogue box it would work??????????

Lea

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…