How do find out what my DNS is?

Tidus 12:50 18 Sep 03

Hi guys, thanks for your advice on my last problem, i replaced my graphics card fan, and so far it seems to be running fine, so thanks.

My next question isnt as complicated in comparrison, but does anyone know how to find out the following information....

Primary DNS.

Alternate DNS.

Mac Address.

I need to know how to find out what mine are as im trying to set Xbox Live up to run through a firewall, and after phoning Microsoft, they said thats the information i need, so, can anyone please help?

Thanks.

alcudia 13:01 18 Sep 03

For DNS go to Control Panel\Network. Right click the connection and choose properties. Select TCP/IP and click properties. If you have any they will be listed. To change click the advanced button.

For mac addres(media access control) run msinfo32. C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\msinfo\msinfo32.

Open the system info folder, then components then network and finally adaptor. The mac address will be in here.

alcudia 13:04 18 Sep 03

Sorry you can add DNS settings from the first screen. Advanced is best left alone unless you have problems.

spikeychris 13:21 18 Sep 03
  hotwired 13:48 18 Sep 03

If u are running any windows operating system
go to start run type in cmd hit enter
in the dos screen type ipconfig /all (enter)
it will give ur mac address and all tcp/ip config for pc with the isp

Tidus 13:58 18 Sep 03

Thanks for the help everyone, its much appreciated :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…