How do download the latest radio programme

mrt1975 11:29 13 Jan 07

I know this is possible and have heard of streambox vcr... butit looks terribly complicated to use. Does anyone know of better software that is more userfriendly, or where I can download a good version of streambox with good instructions.

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Stuartli 11:47 13 Jan 07

What particular radio programmes?

The BBC's website, for instance, has a vast current and archive library of radio programmes.

These can be listened to as required and/or recorded, along with other streamed stations, most likely using Audacity or similar software:

click here

Stuartli 11:49 13 Jan 07

PS

If you have a Freeview PCI or stick TV card, there are a wide range of radio programmes on offer, including The Hits, Smash Hits, SmoothFM, BBC Radio 6 and 7 etc.

dukeboxhero 13:53 13 Jan 07

How do download the latest radio programme
click here change drop down menu to sterio mix play radio station press rec on audacity

mrt1975 14:06 13 Jan 07

thanks guys but I was hoping to copy the programmes without having to play them for thew 1 or 2 hour duriation so audacity is useful but tedious. Any further suggestions I would be very grateful.

Thanks mrt

vinnyT 14:26 13 Jan 07

I've used screamer radio for a while and quite like it;

It's easy to use
It's not bloated
It's ad free
It has no spyware
It has a huge database of radio stations
It has a cool peak meter ;)
You can easily record what you're listening to
You can hide it in the system tray
You can play back on multiple soundcards
.. and it's free!

Try it at click here

Unless you don't mind taking a small risk, make sure that you get the latest stable release, and not beta software.

Hope this helps.

mrt1975 14:29 13 Jan 07

I will want to export this as mp3 so playing achived programmes won thelp either

vinnyT 15:37 13 Jan 07

It saves as mp3.

hallc 16:17 13 Jan 07

Hi Vinny

Can you save and transfer to an iPod ????

vinnyT 13:25 14 Jan 07

hallc -yes it will save as mp3 (it also makes a good stab at removing ads/chat between the tracks, so you end up with song a, song b, etc) to a dir you tell it to.

You then put the files on your ipod in the normal manner (sorry, don't know this as never used an ipod or itunes).

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…