How do choose which laptop hdd to buy ??

pinkjune 15:50 18 Jul 06

Hi,
Thanks for help in transferring data as regards my last post - it now poses another problem as to which size will my Fujitsu Amilo D7820 cope with - 60gb....80gb ?? Also, how do I choose speed or ATA?? IDE?? quietness? etc.
I haven't a clue!
Or where to buy?

That's a lot to sort out!
Can anyone help or even give me the name of a website?
Thanks,
June.

sean-278262 20:53 18 Jul 06

Websites

click here
click here

Your laptop will cope with any main stream 2.5inch laptop specification drive. Basically all of them on the sites above.

Speed is refered to in rpm (revs per minute) 5400 being the better 7200 is rare but the best. 4200 is quite slow but for average use is fine.

ATA - this is just the speed at which transfers occur. Dont worry about it just make sure the drive is ATA compatable.

IDE is the interface make sure it is an IDE drive or it wont connect

Quietness - google "item name" and the word review is the best way to evaluate it. Dont post another thread here asking is this drive quiet there are quite literally 1000s of sites with info on each drive. If no mention is made of noise then it will be a quiet drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…